Monday, November 07, 2005

Police action on Gunpowder Plot day

I went to London for the weekend and met my old friend Alan at his flat in Vauxhall - his neighbour was the Stockwell bomber. A mentally damaged and challenged individual by the sound of it, and a good choice of obedient footsoldier, subject of late night 'briefing' sessions involving Koran readings and humiliation.

I came out of Shepherds Bush tube to be confronted by a cop with a machine gun, 20 officers, several riot vans and two police horses. I said "what's going on?" and the sarge said 'football match'.

I was left wondering, is this a joke, to cover up an 'incident', or actually true, since I could see no coloured scarves.

We live in a world where it's impossible to tell - each could be just as likely.

It was the 400th anniversary of the Gunpowder Plot, but nobody took the opportunity to have another go.

No comments: